Finding the right scripture for your situation
1. Proverbs 12:25
Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.
2. Romans 8:38-39
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not 34even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.
3. Mattews 6:27
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
4. Psalm 34:17
The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles.
5. Psalm 55:22
Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
6. Psalm 91:2
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
7. Psalm 37:5
Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.
8. Ephesians 3:17
Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.
9. 2 Corinthians 5:17
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
10. 2 Timothy 1:7
God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity but power, love, and self-discipline.
11. 2 Timothy 2:7
Think about what I am saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things.
12. Matthew 6:25
That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food, drink, or clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food and your body more than clothing?
13. Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
14. Matthew 6:33
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
15. Matthew 6:34
So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
16. Matthew 11:28
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
17. Luke 12:25-26
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?
18. 2 Thessalonians 3:16
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all.
19. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
20. Colossians 3:15
And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. As members of one body, you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
21. John 14:27
I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
22. 1 John 4:18
Such love has no fear because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.
23. John 15:5
Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.
24. John 15:7
But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
25. John 16:33
I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth, you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart because I have overcome the world.
26. Hebrews 13:6
So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?
27. Hebrews 4:16
So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy and find grace to help us when we need it most.
28. Hebrews 11:1
Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.
29. Proverbs 3:6
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
30. Psalm 9:9
The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
- Sound Mind: Confusion
- When you have confusion and feel like your mind is being bound with negativity or bombarded with inappropriate thoughts, these scriptures can help
- Also, you can pray, ” Lord, take these mind-binding thoughts away.”
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 “Satan, you are a liar. I will not receive (or believe) your lie in the Name of Jesus.
- 1 John 4:4 “I remind you that it is written, ‘He that is within me is greater than he that is in the world.’ I command you to bow your knee to the Name of Jesus and leave me.”
- 2 Timothy 1:7 (AMPC) “I refuse to give in to my fears. For God did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and sound mind!”
- Philippians 4:8 Whatever is excellent, true, pure, lovely, cheerful, of good report, and any virtue thinks on these.
- Romans 12.2; 1Peter 1.13; Isiaha 26.3;
- Hebrews 4: 12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
- Joy- finding happiness is a choice.
- We choose to be happy, but when depression comes upon us, it can be challenging to find that happiness.
- Proverbs 17:2 A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
- Galations 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness
- Psalms 30,5; 118.24; 4.7, 71.23
- Depression: Can take your joy away
- psalm 40. 1-2 “I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.”
- DEUTERONOMY 31:8 “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave or forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
- Philippians 4.13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- John 16.33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- Jeremiah 29.11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for peace and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
- Matthew 11.28 “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
- Proverbs 3;5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
- 1Peter 5.7 “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”
- Psalm 9.9; Matthew 6.33; Joshua 1.9, Isiah 41.10;