Scripture for today
Daily Scripture and Devotional to begin any time sorted by weeks.
This section was built with you in mind. You can begin at week one any time of the year.
Be Strong and courageous! For the Lord, your God is with you wherever you Go. Joshua 1.9: Matthew 10.28, 28.20, Philippians 1.14, and Hebrews 13.5 for weekly meditation
I used to say, what does it mean to be strong in the Lord? How do you do that? I realized strength is not always knowing what to do or where to go, just trusting I do not walk alone.
Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you. Psalms 55.22:1 Peter 5.7, Psalm 37.5, John 10.37-30, 1 Samuel 2.9, Isaiah 50.10
Give your burdens- cast your cares on the Lord. Casting your cares is letting go, throwing what you are stressed about on God, and letting him take the burdens. This does not mean they go away it means you are not alone in your journey.
He made us, and we are His. We are His people, the sheep of his pasture. Ps 100.3 ; Ephesians 2.10. 1 Peter 4.19, John 17.3, Ezekiel 34.30-31
God is good, and he loves you. He is on your side and will help you to walk on the best path. He will also protect you from the enemy.
The Reason for Proverbs
1. The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel: 2. for gaining wisdom and instruction; for understanding words of insight; 3. for receiving instruction in prudent behavior, doing what is right and just and fair; 4. for giving prudence to those who are simple, knowledge, and discretion to the young 5. let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance 6. for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.
7. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
8. L.isten, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. 9. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.
10. My son, if sinful men entice you, do not give in to them. 11. If they say, “Come along with us; let’s lie in wait for innocent blood, let’s ambush some harmless soul; 12 .let’s swallow them alive, like the grave, and whole, like those who go down to the pit; 13. we will get all sorts of valuable things and fill our houses with plunder; 14. cast lots with us; we will all share the loot” 15. my son, do not go along with them or set foot on their paths; 16. for their feet rush into evil, they are swift to shed blood. 17. How useless to spread a net where every bird can see it! 18. These men lie in wait for their own blood; they ambush only themselves! 19. Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the life of those who get it.
Let the world know- shout from the Street.
20. Out in the open wisdom calls aloud, she raises her voice in the public square; 21. on top of the wall, she cries out; at the city gate, she makes her speech: 22. “How long will you who are simple love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge?
23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you and make my teachings to you. 24 But since you refuse to listen when I call, and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand, 25 since you disregard all my advice and do not accept my rebuke, 26 I, in turn, will laugh when disaster strikes you; I will mock when calamity overtakes you. 27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind when distress and trouble overwhelm you. 28 “Then they will call to me, but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me, 29 since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the Lord. 30 Since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, 31 they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes. 32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacent of fools will destroy them; 33 but whoever listens to me will live safely and be at ease, without fear of harm.”